Write a Haiku Scholarship Contest
Available Date 8/1/13
Create and submit a haiku poem about a smile.
- Each applicant must be currently enrolled in school in the United States, or will be enrolling in the 2013-2014 school year.
- Must be an original creation by the applicant
- Must be submitted by the entry deadline
- Poems must be in Haiku Format:
- 3 lines
- first line, 5 syllables
- second line, 7 syllables
- third line, 5 syllables
- All poems will be judged on creativity of writing as well as artistic presentation. Please submit your poem in image format in order to jazz it up (see example poem below).
All poems must be entered by midnight on March 31, 2014.
The winner will receive a $1000 scholarship to be used for tuition at any US school of higher education.
Due to the number of entries received, A Flying Camera will only notify the winner. Once a winner has been selected we will notify contestant via email and phone.
- Fully read contest terms and conditions
- Create an original Haiku poem for submission
- Enter poem by deadline
- Poems must be submitted through our website and be received before midnight of the entry deadline.
All poems will be judged by a panel of AFC employees. Winners will be based on creativity, haiku format and presentation.
Entry of this competition implies acceptance of all terms and conditions for this contest.
All entry materials become the property of A Flying Camera. All entries (winning or not) may be used by A Flying Camera as marketing material.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ACKNOWLEDGMENT & WAIVER
The Submitter(s) of this poem, (hereafter collectively called I), by submitting your entry and make this legally binding Acknowledgment & Waiver (“Acknowledgment”) to the benefit of Full Moon Entertainment, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns (hereafter collectively called “Full Moon Entertainment”).
Full Moon Entertainment retains full ownership rights to any and all intellectual property created, developed, generated, designed, originated, or otherwise produced as a result this scholarship contest.
By submitting my application I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and agree to all of the above statements.
Application Deadline: Midnight, March, 14th, 2013